Javascript must be enabled to continue!
DAUGIELISZKI
View through CrossRef
Pre-1939: Daugieliszki (Yiddish: Daugelishok), village, Wilno województwo, Poland; 1939–1940: Novye Dovgelishki, Vileika oblast’, Belorussian SSR; 1940–1941: Naujasis Daugėliškis, Sventsiany uezd, Lithuanian SSR; 1941–1944: Daugielischki, Kreis Schwentschionys, Gebiet Wilna-Land, Generalkommissariat Litauen; post-1991: Naujasis Daugėliškis, Ignalina rajonas, Utena apskritis, Republic of Lithuania Daugieliszki, composed of two parts, new and old Daugieliszki, is located about 98 kilometers (61 miles) northeast of Wilno. In 1930, there were 175 Jews living in Daugieliszki, out of a total population of 350. On the outbreak of war in September 1939, the Jews organized a self-defense force, which protected Jewish homes from being looted by hostile Christian peasants, until the arrival of the Red Army in the second half of the month.1 Daugieliszki was initially part of the Belorussian SSR, but in 1940 it was transferred to the Lithuanian SSR. Following the German invasion of the Soviet Un...
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
Title: DAUGIELISZKI
Description:
Pre-1939: Daugieliszki (Yiddish: Daugelishok), village, Wilno województwo, Poland; 1939–1940: Novye Dovgelishki, Vileika oblast’, Belorussian SSR; 1940–1941: Naujasis Daugėliškis, Sventsiany uezd, Lithuanian SSR; 1941–1944: Daugielischki, Kreis Schwentschionys, Gebiet Wilna-Land, Generalkommissariat Litauen; post-1991: Naujasis Daugėliškis, Ignalina rajonas, Utena apskritis, Republic of Lithuania Daugieliszki, composed of two parts, new and old Daugieliszki, is located about 98 kilometers (61 miles) northeast of Wilno.
In 1930, there were 175 Jews living in Daugieliszki, out of a total population of 350.
On the outbreak of war in September 1939, the Jews organized a self-defense force, which protected Jewish homes from being looted by hostile Christian peasants, until the arrival of the Red Army in the second half of the month.
1 Daugieliszki was initially part of the Belorussian SSR, but in 1940 it was transferred to the Lithuanian SSR.
Following the German invasion of the Soviet Un.

